Internet Weather-Related Sites
Other Precipitation Monitoring Networks in the United States
Hydrometeorological Networks in the United States:http://www.eol.ucar.edu/projects/hydrometnet/
Arizona: Rainlog: http://rainlog.org/usprn/html/main/maps.jsp
Minnesota: MNGage (HIDEN): http://climate.umn.edu/HIDENsityEdit/HIDENweb.htm
Nebraska: NERain: http://dnrdata.dnr.ne.gov/NeRAIN/index.asp
Alabama: Cooperative Huntsville-Area Rainfall Measurements (CHARM) http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/charm
Oklahoma: Oklahoma Mesonet: http://www.mesonet.org/
Current weather information and forecasts
Historical climate information
Weather Educational Sites
National Weather Service
Useful weather forecast, warning and safety, and climate web sites
- www.crh.noaa.gov/den National Weather Service, Boulder, CO
- www.crh.noaa.gov/pub National Weather Service Pueblo, CO
- www.crh.noaa.gov/gld National Weather Service Goodland, KS
- www.crh.noaa.gov/gjt National Weather Service Grand Junction, CO
- http://www.noaawatch.gov/ A collection of government weather web sites with Forecast and warning information can be accessed here.
- iwin.nws.noaa.gov Interactive local and national weather information network via the Internet.
- www.spc.noaa.gov Storm Prediction Center web site - get the latest watch information and historical severe weather information.
- www.nhc.noaa.gov National Hurricane Center web site - latest tropical storm forecasts, and related hurricane information.
- www.cpc.noaa.gov NWS Climate Prediction Center - long range weather forecasts/ discussions
- www.cdc.noaa.gov NOAA Climate Diagnostic Center - climate research.
- www.drought.gov National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS)
- www.drought.noaa.gov Weekly drought status map and discussion, latest National Threat Assessment map, current drought indices.
- http://www.nifc.gov/fire_info.html Wildfire status across the country
- www.nws.noaa.gov/om National Weather Service Office of Meteorology - Lots of information on outreach, preparedness and educational materials.
- www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov Lots of lightning facts, and lightning safety information.
- www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr NOAA Weather Radio web site.
- www.sec.noaa.gov Information on the sun, including sunspots, solar flares, and any resultant interruption to communications, solar and space education.
- climate.atmos.colostate.edu Colorado State Climatologist web site...Colorado climate information
- www.ncdc.noaa.gov National Climatic Data web site - you can view and order historic climate data here.
- www.hprcc.unl.edu/ High Plains Climate Center - climate information for Colorado and the high plains states.
- www.wrcc.dri.edu Western Region Climate Center - climate information for the Rockies and Great Basin
- www.goes.noaa.gov Access to current satellite images
National Weather Service Spotter Training (Pueblo, CO): http://www.crh.noaa.gov/pub/wcm/talks.php
NWS Spotter Training (Denver & Eastern CO): http://www.crh.noaa.gov/bou/?n=wx_spotter
NWS Spotter Training (Grand Junction, CO): http://www.crh.noaa.gov/gjt/?n=spotter
Weather Education Web sites
Flood/Flash Flood Safety and Water Science Education Web sites
Citizen Science Projects
||www.usanpn.org The USA National Phenology Network
brings together citizen scientists, government agencies, non-profit
groups, educators and students of all ages to monitor the impacts of
climate change on plants and animals in the United States.
National Phytoplankton Monitoring Network
This is a community-based network of volunteers monitoring marine phytoplankton and harmful algal blooms (HABs). PMN recognizes the interrelationships between humans and coastal ecosystems while providing volunteer citizen scientists with meaningful opportunities for hands-on science engagement. The PMN enhances the Nation’s ability to respond to and manage the growing threat posed by HABs by collecting important data for species composition and distribution in coastal waters and creating working relationships between volunteers and professional marine biotoxin researchers.
Local Gov't sites (ie- reporting weather related emergencies to you local county sheriff's office)